Welcome to the North Edmonton Seniors Association (NESA) Website
The North Edmonton Seniors Association (NESA) is an independent, non-profit society.
NESA is operated by a volunteer board of directors and has over 300 active volunteers and seven staff that manage programs and assist with events and services.
The NESA Board of Directors meet monthly throughout the year, except July and August. Minutes from the Board Meetings can be obtained upon request at the front desk.
Our mission is:
North Edmonton Seniors Association provides a friendly environment offering physically and mentally rewarding activities and services which promote wellness, independence and community involvement.
What's new at NESA
- There will be a Special Resolution Meeting of the NESA general membership on September 28, 2015. See the attached document for complete details.
- The September newsletter is now available in the Newsletter section for on-line viewing.
- Temporary Full-time position available at NESA. If interested please check out the compete details in the Job-Posting section.
- Oops! We forgot a few items in the Program and Activity guide. Please check the attached poster and mark the changes in your copy of the guide.
- The 2015 Fall Program and Activity Guide is now available for on-line viewing.
- The July/August 2015 Newsletter is now available for on-line viewing
- A copy of the current bylaw amendments can be found in the bylaw section.
- New Membership Application Forms
- Thanks to the Government of Alberta's Community Spirit Grant
- New process for program and club registration.
Dates to Remember
- Welcome Back Fall Barbeque, NESA Club Day, and Silent Auction, September 11, 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
- Fall Book Sale, Sept 29 - Oct 2, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Dinner Theatre Comedy Night, Friday Oct 23
- Gift cards for Sobeys, Safeway, and Save-On Foods are being sold at the front desk. This is a continuing year round fundraiser. You get dollar-for-dollar, NESA makes 5% of what is purchased.
- It all helps to make a little money for NESA. You can't lose, everyone needs groceries. Please encourage your friends and family to buy these gift cards.
What's happening each week
2015 Upcoming Events
- 2015 Bingo Dates
- Sept 29 - Minot Hostfest (N. Dakota)
Just For The Company
- July and Aug - No meetings
- Wed Sept 9 - 2:30 PM, Regular meeting
- Wed Sept 16 - River Cree Casino, Bus 9:30 AM, Cost $10.00
- Tues Oct 13 - 10:45 AM, Regular meeting
- Wed Oct 14 - Roy Orbison, Mayfield Dinner Theatre, Bus 10:00 AM, Cost $80.00
- Thu Oct 29 - Festival Place, Legends of Rock & Roll, Bus 6:30 PM, Cost $55.00
- No longer being offered at the Centre
- For consultation call the Edmonton Denture Clinic at 780-455-5855 or visit their website at www.edmontondenture.com
- Wednesday, 1st and 3rd of the month
- 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- $50.00 per session
- For an appointment call the VON Office at 780-466-0293
- Thursdays, 1st and 3rd of the month
- 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
- The Better Hearing Centre provides hearing aid tests, evaluations, hearing aids, listening devices, repairs and batteries
- For an appointment call 780-472-6969
- Tuesdays 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- $40.00 for 1/2 Hr, $65.00 full Hr
- For an appointment call Anita @ 780-472-2770
- For an appointment call Julie at 780-920-3149
- $50.00 per session
- For an appointment call Lorette at 780-406-6004