Welcome to the North Edmonton Seniors Association (NESA) Website
The North Edmonton Seniors Association (NESA) is an independent, non-profit society.
NESA is operated by a volunteer board of directors and has over 300 active volunteers and seven staff that manage programs and assist with events and services.
The NESA Board of Directors meet monthly throughout the year, except July and August. Minutes from the Board Meetings can be obtained upon request at the front desk.
Our mission is:
North Edmonton Seniors Association provides a friendly environment offering physically and mentally rewarding activities and services which promote wellness, independence and community involvement.
Important Notice regarding NESA's Bylaws
The posted bylaws have been amended on the advice of legal council. Please read these carefully. If you have any questions regarding these bylaws they can be presented at the Annual General Meeting on Thursday May 21, 2015 @ 2:00 PM. All attending members will be asked to vote on acceptance of the bylaws as presented.
Note: A copy of the amendments is available at the front desk for viewing.
What's new at NESA
- The is now available for on-line viewing.
- The 2015 Spring and Summer Program Guide is now available for on-line viewing.
- Summer Safaris registration begins Tuesday, May 27th from 8:40 AM - 4:00 PM. Complete details will be available May 1st.
- New Membership Application Forms
- Club news has been moved to the Clubs section
- Thanks to the Government of Alberta's Community Spirit Grant
- New process for program and club registration.
Dates to Remember
- Gift cards for Sobeys, Safeway, and Save-On Foods are being sold at the front desk. This is a continuing year round fundraiser. You get dollar-for-dollar, NESA makes 5% of what is purchased.
- It all helps to make a little money for NESA. You can't lose, everyone needs groceries. Please encourage your friends and family to buy these gift cards.
What's happening each week
2015 Upcoming Events
- 2015 Bingo Dates
- May 09 - 3rd Annual Doubles Crib tournament
- May 09 - The Choralaires present "The Music of Gershwin and Porter"
- May 15 - Popovich Dinner Theatre
- May 21 - NESA Annual General Meeting
- May 22 - Spring Time Toonie Tea
- May 27 - Summer Safaris Begins
- June 4 - 6 - Creative Age Festival
- July 24 - Fort McMurray
- Sept 13 - Devon and Cornwall
- Sept 13 - New England/Canada Cruise
- Sept 29 - Minot Hostfest (N. Dakota)
- Oct 26 - Jasper
Just For The Company
- Wed May 13 - Monthly Meeting. 2:00
- Wed May 20 - Cabaret, Mayfield. Bus 10:00 AM. Cost $79
- Thr May 21 - Wizard of Oz, Sherwood Pk. Bus 6:30 PM. Cost $32
- Thr May 28 - Tin Pan Alley, Victoria Composite. Bus 6:30 PM. $24
- Tue Jun 2 - Grease, Sherwood Pk. Bus 11:30 AM. Cost $28
- Wed Jun 10 - BBQ. Regular Meeting @ 12:00 Noon. Cost $7
- Wed Jul 22 - The Long Weekend, Mayfield. Bus 10:00 AM. Cost TBA
- May 22 - Plant sale, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- June 20 - Field trip to Evan's Place, west of Devon, then lunch in the country.
- 3rd Annual Doubles Tournament, Sat May 9, 9:30 AM. $40/team (Includes 10 games and lunch)
- Entry forms available at the front desk
- For more information call Willy @ 780-473-0605
- No longer being offered at the Centre
- For consultation call the Edmonton Denture Clinic at 780-455-5855 or visit their website at www.edmontondenture.com
- Wednesday, 1st and 3rd of the month
- 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- $50.00 per session
- For an appointment call the VON Office at 780-466-0293
- Thursdays, 1st and 3rd of the month
- 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
- The Better Hearing Centre provides hearing aid tests, evaluations, hearing aids, listening devices, repairs and batteries
- For an appointment call Julie at 780-920-3149
- $50.00 per session
- For an appointment call Lorette at 780-406-6004