Welcome to the North Edmonton Seniors Association (NESA) Website
The North Edmonton Seniors Association (NESA) is an independent, non-profit society.
NESA is operated by a volunteer board of directors and has over 300 active volunteers and seven staff that manage programs and assist with events and services.
The NESA Board of Directors meet monthly throughout the year, except July and August. Minutes from the Board Meetings can be obtained upon request at the front desk.
Our mission is:
North Edmonton Seniors Association provides a friendly environment offering physically and mentally rewarding activities and services which promote wellness, independence and community involvement.
What's new at NESA
- The 2015 Spring and Summer Program Guide is now available for on-line viewing.
- Summber Safaris registration begins Tuesday, May 27th from 8:40 AM - 4:00 PM. Complete details will be available May 1st.
- The February/March Newsletter is now available for on-line viewing
- Oops, a few changes have been made to the Winter 2015 Program and Activity Guide after it was printed. Please see the attached document to see if these changes affect you.
- January 2015 Newsletter is now available for on-line viewing.
- New Membership Application Forms
- Check out the "NESA Newsy," a brief bulletin outlining items that were missed in the current newsletter.
- Club news has been moved to the Clubs section
- Thanks to the Government of Alberta's Community Spirit Grant
- New process for program and club registration.
Dates to Remember
NESA's Holiday Hours
- Apr 3 - Centre Closed (Good Friday)
- Apr 6 - Centre Closed (Easter Monday)
- Gift cards for Sobeys, Safeway, and Save-On Foods are being sold at the front desk. This is a continuing year round fundraiser. You get dollar-for-dollar, NESA makes 5% of what is purchased.
- It all helps to make a little money for NESA. You can't lose, everyone needs groceries. Please encourage your friends and family to buy these gift cards.
What's happening each week
2015 Upcoming Events
- 2015 Bingo Dates
- Mar 13 - St. Patrick's Toonie Tea
- Mar 19 - Spring Program Registration Begins
- May 22 - May Frolic Toonie Tea
- Mar 26 - Spring Bake Sale
- Apr 14 - 18 - Book Sale
- Apr 18 - Flea Market
- Apr 24 - April Showers Toonie Tea
- May 15 - Popovich Dinner Theatre
- May 21 - NESA Annual General Meeting
- May 22 - Spring Time Toonie Tea
- May 27 - Summer Safaris Begins
- June 4 - 6 - Creative Age Festival
Just For The Company
- Wed Mar 11 - Regular Meeting; 2:00 PM in Annex
- Fri Mar 13 - Getting Away With Murder, St. Joe's; Bus 10:30 AM; Cost $20
- Wed Mar 18 - Don't Dress for Dinner, Mayfield; Bus 10:00 AM; Cost $71
- No longer being offered at the Centre
- For consultation call the Edmonton Denture Clinic at 780-455-5855 or visit their website at www.edmontondenture.com
- Wednesday, 1st and 3rd of the month
- 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- $50.00 per session
- For an appointment call the VON Office at 780-466-0293
- Thursdays, 1st and 3rd of the month
- 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
- The Better Hearing Centre provides hearing aid tests, evaluations, hearing aids, listening devices, repairs and batteries
- For an appointment call Julie at 780-920-3149
- $50.00 per session
- For an appointment call Lorette at 780-406-6004