Welcome to the North Edmonton Seniors Association (NESA) Website
The North Edmonton Seniors Association (NESA) is an independent, non-profit society.
NESA is operated by a volunteer board of directors and has over 300 active volunteers and seven staff that manage programs and assist with events and services.
The NESA Board of Directors meet monthly throughout the year, except July and August. Minutes from the Board Meetings can be obtained upon request at the front desk.
Our mission is:
North Edmonton Seniors Association provides a friendly environment offering physically and mentally rewarding activities and services which promote wellness, independence and community involvement.
What's new at NESA
- The April 2015 Newsletter is now available for on-line viewing.
- The 2015 Spring and Summer Program Guide is now available for on-line viewing.
- Summer Safaris registration begins Tuesday, May 27th from 8:40 AM - 4:00 PM. Complete details will be available May 1st.
- The February/March Newsletter is now available for on-line viewing
- January 2015 Newsletter is now available for on-line viewing.
- New Membership Application Forms
- Check out the "NESA Newsy," a brief bulletin outlining items that were missed in the current newsletter.
- Club news has been moved to the Clubs section
- Thanks to the Government of Alberta's Community Spirit Grant
- New process for program and club registration.
Dates to Remember
NESA's Holiday Hours
- Apr 3 - Centre Closed (Good Friday)
- Apr 6 - Centre Closed (Easter Monday)
- Gift cards for Sobeys, Safeway, and Save-On Foods are being sold at the front desk. This is a continuing year round fundraiser. You get dollar-for-dollar, NESA makes 5% of what is purchased.
- It all helps to make a little money for NESA. You can't lose, everyone needs groceries. Please encourage your friends and family to buy these gift cards.
What's happening each week
2015 Upcoming Events
- 2015 Bingo Dates
- Apr 14 - 18 - Book Sale
- Apr 18 - Flea Market
- Apr 24 - April Showers Toonie Tea
- May 09 - 3rd Annual Doubles Crib tournament
- May 09 - The Choralaires present "The Music of Gershwin and Porter"
- May 15 - Popovich Dinner Theatre
- May 21 - NESA Annual General Meeting
- May 22 - Spring Time Toonie Tea
- May 27 - Summer Safaris Begins
- June 4 - 6 - Creative Age Festival
Just For The Company
- Wed Apr 8 - Monthly Meeting, 2:15 PM
- Tue Apr 21 - The Adams Family, Strathcona HS. Bus 6:30 PM at the Bus Barns. $29
- Thu Apr 23 - Laffertys Wake. St Albert Dinner Theatre. Bus 5:45 PM. $53
- Wed May 13 - Monthly Meeting. 2:15 PM
- Thr May 28 - Tin Pan Alley. Victoria Composite. Bus 6:00 PM. $20
- Wed May 20 - Cabaret, Mayfield. Bus 10:00 AM. Cost TBA
- Apr 08 - AGM, 1:00 PM.
- May 22 - Plant sale, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Apr 15 - Club going to Root Seller to make hanging baskets
- June 20 - Field trip to Evan's Place, west of Devon, then lunch in the country.
- No longer being offered at the Centre
- For consultation call the Edmonton Denture Clinic at 780-455-5855 or visit their website at www.edmontondenture.com
- Wednesday, 1st and 3rd of the month
- 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- $50.00 per session
- For an appointment call the VON Office at 780-466-0293
- Thursdays, 1st and 3rd of the month
- 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
- The Better Hearing Centre provides hearing aid tests, evaluations, hearing aids, listening devices, repairs and batteries
- For an appointment call Julie at 780-920-3149
- $50.00 per session
- For an appointment call Lorette at 780-406-6004